Espoma Lightning Lime
Ultra Fast Lime approved for organic gardening
- 5 times the coverage of regular pelletized limestone.
- Adjusts pH fast (just 6-8 weeks).
- Dust free formula.
- Approved for organic gardening.
- 30 lb. bag covers up to 5,000 sq. ft.
- For use on established turf or when installing a new lawn from seed or sod.
- You can also use Lightning Lime on flowers, vegetables, trees & shrubs.
- Best used when turf is actively growing – Spring, Summer & Fall Apply ~ anytime the ground is not frozen.
- For vegetables incorporate into soil at planting time or side / top dress when plants are actively growing.
- Can be applied the same day as fertilizer or seed.
Apply to a dry lawn with a drop or broadcast spreader making sure to overlap slightly to avoid striping. Follow settings on the bag or contact the spreader manufacturer for best setting. Water after application to activate.
Maintain soil pH: Apply 6 lbs. per 1,000 sq. ft.
Raise soil pH: Apply 12 lbs. per 1,000 sq. ft.
For new seedlings, over-seeding an established lawn or new sod installation apply at the 12 lb. rate.
Shrubs and Trees:
Shrubs: Apply 1 cup per 2 feet of plant diameter.
Trees: Apply 5 cups per inch of trunk diameter. Spread evenly around base of plant out to the drip line and water to activate Lightning Lime.
Vegetables: Apply 30 lbs. per 1,000 sq. ft. before or after planting and water to activate product.
Tomatoes: When planting apply 1 cup per plant to soil surface and spread evenly in a 1 foot diameter circle around plant. For established plants apply 1 cup for each 2 ft. of height. Spread evenly under plant out to the drip line. Do not apply near water, storm drains, or drainage ditches. Do not apply if heavy rain is expected. Apply this product to your lawn and sweep any product that lands on the driveway, sidewalk, or street back onto your lawn.
- This product is not intended as a fertilizer substitute.
|Spreader||6 lbs per 1,000 sq, ft. Bag Covers 5,000 sq. ft.||12 lbs per 1,000 sq, ft. Bag Covers 2,500 sq. ft.|
|Lesco||20 or J||26 or P|
|The above spreader settings will vary according to the rate of walk and the mechanical condition of the spreader. Adjustment to the spreader setting may be required to apply the proper amount.|